navigation

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want
(As a Shepherd shepherding His flock, the Lord always provides, He is Jehovah-Jireh);
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
(Our Lord who is our Provider, always gives His flock the best, as long as we trust in and remain in Him);
He leadeth me beside the still waters
(Our Lord will never make us to drink from waters that are violent, He has made available to us rivers of living water, we shall be filled to overflow, touching all those around us),
He restoreth my soul
(When we come to our Shepherd, he always satisfies our soul, as we hunger and desire after Him, we are gradually being restored from glory to glory);
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
(In Matthew 5: 6, Jesus declares - Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled),
For His name’s sake
(In the name of Jesus Christ).
Ye, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil
(Psalm 139 declares that even if we make our bed in hell, the Lord God, Who is Jehovah-Shammah, is always with us, He will never leave us nor forsake us);
For Thou art with me, Thy Rod and Thy Staff, They comfort me. Thou preparest a table before, in the presence of mine enemies
(the Lord God Who is Jehovah-Nisi, is our banner of victory, Jesus made a show of the devil by defeating him on the cross of Calvary);
Thou anointest my head with oil (the Holy Spirit) my cup runneth over; Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life;
(We are the temple of the living God, he shall dwell in us)
Forever.
AMEN

0 comments: